the Privy Prairie


In the land of hope
I will wait
Where the grass is green
And trees can never be seen

From the broken dreams
A hotel is built
Where people come and people go
And I'll wait for the time you'll be at the door

But I know time is of an envy
And I have for myself a mountain of duty
To be paid, to be cherished,
Before the dead, before they perished

So in privy prairie I rest my soul
Where the wind is kind enough
Playing me music in times of rough
Until the sun shines in gold
Until the moon splits in two
Until the flowers bloom in June
Until it snows in December
Until you are finally here

But even then it may be too late
For bliss is the music
For peace is the poetry
For windy is the privy prairie
As they have always been with me
In the past, present and eternity

---------------------
originally published on 27 Aug 2010


and these days, the music has stopped,
and Lu'Lu'u wal marjan has appeared at the door,
and this Prairie will see seeds,
planted to become trees.